Contract Work Terms
Starting January 2015,
• Consulting rate: $120/hr. (US)
o long-term consultation -- monthly retainers -- range from $50 to $1000 based on time scheduled.
• Production design rate: $60/hr. (US)
As I’m interested in learning new things, it doesn’t hurt to inquire; this can bring prices down if you really are short on budget and I could arrange financing.
So, how does "getting started" work?
For “Simple” Projects
A small project is one that requires less than 10 hours of my time, billed at my current rate or financed.
- We talk about what you want done or accomplished. We will define what we can make that will satisfy your goals.
- I tell you how many estimated hours it will take, in increments of 1/2 hours per requested feature. My hourly rate is used to estimate the total project labor costs.
- You give me a deposit, typically 25% to 50% of the total estimated cost. Exception: for very short projects of 2 hours or less, a deposit is not required.
- I do the work, and deliver to it securely for initial approval. If you like it, you pay the remainder of the service invoice due. Otherwise, we figure out what needs to happen to make the work meet your submitted design.
- Upon receipt of final payment, you receive a copy of all the materials produced for your archives.
For “Complex” Projects or Program Management.
If your project requires coordination between multiple people, formal project or program management, or costs more than US$600, please read my detailed terms of work.
Generally, I will work out financials based on your budget and proceed in project phased steps that are comfortable for your budget. I’ll never bill you for work that you have not explicitly approved in the original written design document. For more information, please read my detailed terms of work.